CDFI Fund Launches New Training for CDFIs Interested in Reaching Individuals with Disabilities
The Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) is proud to present a new Capacity Building Initiative training series for CDFIs interested in expanding their financial services and products to reach individuals with disabilities. The “Access for All: Expanding CDFI Impact in the Disability Community” training will provide a series of workshops, webinars, and individualized technical assistance for CDFIs beginning in October 2019.
Through the “Access for All” training series, the CDFI Fund will endeavor to increase the number of CDFIs serving individuals with disabilities and, ultimately, increase the impact and reach of CDFIs in the disability community. The training will be provided by BCT Partners in partnership with a team of disability and CDFI experts.
What is training?
Organizations that participate in the “Access for All: Expanding CDFI Impact in the Disability Community” series will have access to the following:
- Regional in-person workshops that bring together CDFIs for knowledge sharing, skill-building, and practical action planning (with scholarships available for travel and lodging costs). For more information on workshop topics; scholarships; and registration information for the first in-person workshop in New Orleans, LA (November 6-7, 2019), click here.
- Webinars on a variety of topics related to understanding and meeting the unique needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Individualized technical assistance, focused on addressing your organization’s specific capacity-building needs regarding serving individuals with disabilities.
Who can join?
Eligible participants include:
- Certified CDFIs; and
- Non-certified organizations that have previously received a Community Development Financial Institutions Program or Native American CDFI Assistance Program Technical Assistance award.
How do I learn more?
To learn more, ask questions, or to register for upcoming workshops, please visit the training website here. BCT Partners will continue to release updated information about this training series.
About the Capacity Building Initiative
The CDFI Fund’s Capacity Building Initiative offers a variety of training and directs technical assistance opportunities to CDFIs looking to strengthen their organizations and, ultimately, serve distressed communities in new and innovative ways. The training programs offered through the Capacity Building Initiative target key issues affecting CDFIs and support the development of tailored capacity building plans to meet the unique needs of individual organizations. With these educational and support tools, the CDFI Fund is building the capacity of CDFIs, empowering them to grow, to achieve organizational sustainability, and to contribute to the revitalization of their communities.