Dear Interested SBIR/STTR Applicant:
The Department of Energy (DOE) has issued its FY 2021 Phase I Release 1 Funding Opportunity Announcement (DE-FOA-0002359) for the SBIR and STTR Programs. Qualified small businesses with strong research capabilities in science or engineering in any of the research areas sought in the announcement are encouraged to apply.
The following DOE program offices are participating in this Funding Opportunity Announcement:
- Advanced Scientific Computing Research
- Basic Energy Sciences
- Biological and Environmental Research
- Nuclear Physics
Downloading the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) and Topics
- The FOA (DE-FOA-0002359) is available at Grants.gov at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html. Download the FOA Instructions and the Application Package by keying in DE-FOA-0002359 under FUNDING OPPORTUNITY NUMBER.
The Topics for Release 1 are available at https://science.osti.gov/sbir/Funding-Opportunities.
- Letter of Intent: To be eligible to submit a Phase I application, you must first submit a Letter of Intent to the DOE Portfolio Analysis and Management System (PAMS). Letters of Intent must be submitted by September 8, 2020 5:00 pm ET. View our online tutorial to learn how to submit a letter of intent at https://go.usa.gov/xyJ3c.
- Grant Applications: All Phase I applications must be submitted through the Grants.gov web portal to be considered for award. Grant applications to both SBIR and STTR programs must be successfully submitted by October 19, 2020 11:59 pm ET. Please visit our website at https://www.energy.gov/science/sbir/small-business-innovation-research-and-small-business-technology-transfer and our SBIR online learning site at https://science.osti.gov/SBIRLearning for assistance in preparing your application.
- First-time applicants to Grants.gov: There are a number of registrations you must complete prior to submitting your application. It is recommended that you start this process at least 6 weeks in advance of submitting your application. View our online tutorial to learn how to complete these registrations at https://go.usa.gov/xyJ3q.
- Previously registered applicants with Grants.gov: Please note you must update your SAM registration each year. If you have any questions about the SAM process, please contact the Grants.gov Helpdesk at 1-800-518-4726. Each year DOE administratively declines applications that were submitted late because the SAM registration was not updated prior to the DOE application submission deadline. Please update your SAM registration TODAY!
Register here to join the DOE SBIR/STTR Programs Office on Friday, August 28th as we provide a 45 minute overview of the DOE SBIR/STTR technology areas noted above and the application and award process as it relates to the FY21 Phase I Release 1 FOA. There will be time for Q&A, so don’t forget to submit your questions at the time of registration