Houston Marketing & Outreach
The Houston District Office Staff and Resource Partners are available to provide you with free individualized counseling through SCORE & SBDC. SCORE & SBDC provide training workshops to assist the public in starting a business. The SBA staff is also available to provide FREE SBA presentations to business groups, chambers of commerce, schools, and colleges on SBA’s Programs and Services.
- Developing a business plan contact Service Corp. of Retired Executives (SCORE) 713-773-6500 and Small Business Development Center (SBDC) 713-752-8488 can assist you with your business plans.
- Financing or you can call SBA staff: Alfreda Crawford(link sends e-mail), Lender Relations Loan Officer 713-773-6555, or Valerie Nguyen(link sends e-mail), Lender Relations Loan Officer 713-773-6516 with any questions on SBA Financing.
- Government Contracting
The government can be a key client. Find out how to become a partner with local, state, and federal agencies. Many federal programs are designed specifically to help minorities with starting a business.
- 8(a) Business Development Program or you can call SBA staff Easter Wright(link sends e-mail) 713-773-6531 or Gaye Spears-Madison(link sends e-mail) at 713-773-6533
- SDB Certification or call SBA staff Easter Wright, Business Development Specialist, or Gaye Spears-Madison(link sends e-mail), Business Development Specialist.
- HUBZone or call SBA staff Valerie Coleman(link sends e-mail), Procurement Center Representative and Commercial Market Representative.
Specific Details: SCORE Business counseling and SBDC Business Consulting is free of charge.
Request for SBA Presentations or Booth coverage please provide the following information:
- Name, telephone number and e-mail address of Requestor; the name of Event; the name of Group; address of event; the desired topic of SBA presenter: 7(a) Loan Program; Surety Bond; 504 Loan Program, etc.
- Time Allotted to SBA Presenter; Number of Attendees
- Description of Attendees (i.e., persons in business; persons thinking about starting a small business; specific backgrounds/industry, etc.)
- Equipment available, i.e., projection screen, electrical outlets, etc. available at the event location? SBA has a projector and Laptop that can be used.