5 Things to Know About the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG)
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Application Opens Today at 11 am CDT
1. The SBA will begin accepting applications today.
Today the SBA will open the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) application portal for the much-anticipated critical economic relief program.
2. Prospective applicants can view the recorded informational webinar.
On March 30th, the SBA hosted a national informational webinar to highlight the application process for potential eligible entities. The recorded webinar is available for viewing.
3. You can now receive both a PPP and SVOG.
To ensure eligible venues do not miss a window to receive assistance through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), the American Rescue Plan Act also amended the SVOG program so entities that apply for a PPP loan after Dec. 27, 2020 can also apply for an SVOG, with the eligible entity’s SVOG to be reduced by the PPP loan amount. The PPP loan applications have been updated to reflect this change.
4. There are several tools available to help you prepare.
The SBA has created several tools and resources to help potential SVOG applicants prepare. These include the following:
- Regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Video tutorials, including how to register on the System for Award Management (SAM.gov), a federal requirement to receive an SVOG
- A Preliminary Application Checklist to help you gather documents and other information that may be needed
- An Eligibility Requirements Chart to help determine qualifications