Register now for free Feb. 18 IRS webinar on how to choose a tax professional
WASHINGTON – The Internal Revenue Service will hold a free webinar, “How to Choose a Tax Pro,” on Thursday, Feb. 18 at 2 p.m. Eastern time.
Participants should register in advance for this hour-long event. The webinar will:
- Provide tips for choosing a tax preparer
- Explain the types of paid preparers
- Describe how to use the IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers
- Discuss how to avoid “ghost” tax return preparers
- Review how to make a complaint about a tax return preparer
- Explain the third-party authorization process
There will also be a question and answer period where participants can pose questions to the IRS presenters. The event is open to anyone who is interested.
The webinar will be offered with closed captioning for viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing. Questions before the webinar can be sent to: email@example.com.
More information on choosing a tax professional can be found at IRS.gov, including a directory of tax return preparers with credentials and select qualifications.
Archived webinars are available at www.irsvideos.gov.