Funding: $38M EDA Build to Scale Program – Applications Due April 29
- The Economic Development Administration (EDA) is now accepting applications for the Build to Scale (B2S) program to fuel innovation and tech-based economic development.
- The B2S program comprises two competition: the Venture Challenge is a two-tiered competition and seeks to support high-growth entrepreneurship, accelerate company growth in the applicant’s region, and scale proven entrepreneurship support models.
- The Capital Challenge increases access to capital in communities where risk capital is in short supply by providing operational support for early-stage investment funds, angel capital networks, or investor training programs.
- Eligible entities: Cities, counties, states, other political subdivisions of states, and Indian tribes. An entity whose application is supported by a state or a political subdivision of a state and that is one of the following: a nonprofit organization, institution of higher education, public-private partnership, research park, federal lab, venture development organization, an economic development organization, or a consortium of the aforementioned
Market Development Cooperator Program (MDCP) Export Awards – Applications Due May 25
- A program of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration (ITA), MDCP award winners (“cooperators”) receive up to $300,000 of federal funding per project.
- An MDCP award establishes a partnership between ITA and non-profit industry groups like trade associations and standards-developing organizations. Such groups are particularly effective in reaching small- and medium-size enterprises. The non-profit groups compete for a limited number of MDCP awards by proposing innovative projects that address trade barriers, enhance industry competitiveness, and generate exports that create or sustain U.S. jobs.
- Who is Eligible? Trade associations, State/regional economic development entities, World Trade Centers, Chambers of commerce, Small business development centers, Non-profit industry organizations