Monthly Webinar Series
Top reasons why U.S. companies should consider exporting to Paraguay:
- Paraguay is a country of 7 million with a rapidly-growing, stable open economy showing roughly 5 percent yearly growth for the last ten years.
- Located in the heart of South America, Paraguay is a MERCOSUR country that enjoys low taxes, low labor costs, and low energy costs, making it ideal for companies looking to manufacture goods for export to larger markets in neighboring Brazil and Argentina.
- Overall, the U.S. enjoys a US$2.6 billion trade surplus with Paraguay, exporting US$2.7 billion in goods to Paraguay in 2017.
- Paraguay has a strong demand for U.S. manufactured products, with machinery, mineral fuels, toys, and sports equipment topping the list.
- Powered by the agricultural sector, including beef and soy, Paraguay presents opportunities for animal genetics, fertilizers, pest control, and farm equipment.
- The new, transparency-focused presidential administration plans to invest US$5 billion per year through 2023 on public infrastructure, including roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, and electrical transmission and distribution.
- Working jointly with Brazil, Paraguay manages the Itaipu dam – the world’s most productive hydroelectric dam.
- More than 85 U.S. companies already operate in Paraguay, including agricultural business, retail clothing chains, and numerous restaurant franchises.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join the U.S. Department of Commerce Trade Americas Team for a webinar to learn more about the business opportunities in Paraguay and the role and importance of Export Logistics.
Doing Business in Paraguay
and Export Logistics
November 29, 1:00PM EDT